Mr. Lee Shau Kee launched Lee Shau Kee Foundation, Chairman of Henderson Land Development Company Limited, its flagship subsidiary Henderson Properties Limited and Hong Kong company lee shau kee foundation. The Foundation supports three areas of charitable giving, including education, conservation, and philanthropy. Henderson Charitable Foundation Limited is managing the Foundation’s philanthropic giving.
- Lee Shau Kee Foundation is a non-governmental organization that strives to improve the quality of life of individuals with disabilities and their families through service, research, and education.
- Their vision is simple but profound: Lee and his team believe that every child should be able to enjoy the fruits of their talent without being subjected to limitations or abuse.
- Their location of operation is mainly from Hong Kong or Macau.
- Through the power of music, art, and technology, they want to bring this dream to reality.
- They focus on two key areas — Individual and Community Development — through providing support, education, and training in areas such as healthcare, education, employment, financial management, and conducting research studies to deepen our understanding of how community members lead autonomously
- The Lee family has taken care of people with intellectual disabilities since 1875. Today the organization provides support and services to over 5,000 people across Singapore. Lee’s passion is giving people with intellectual disabilities their independence and dignity.
- lee Shau Kee moved to Hong Kong in 1948 from south china.
- The Foundation has donated $1 billion to Hong Kong University, Oxford University, and many other valuable charities.
The Foundation has nine active projects with a budget of over CHF 50 million. Founded by the late Lee Kuan Yew, the Foundation is committed to building on its achievements and creating innovative partnerships that will continue its positive influence on Singapore and the world. The Warmth Project was a major charitable project in China, and his gifts to Hong Kong universities have been some of the largest. Most recent projects to build a youth hostel, elder care facilities are intended to serve mankind.